Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Carrot Gnocchi

my first carrot recipe! finally, I live up to my name :D

Carrot Gnocchi




For one serving:
60 g flour
150 g carrots
20 g parmesan
salt, pepper, nutmeg

Calories: about 350

Boil the carrots until they are soft (this could take a while... I think I let them boil for... uh... 40 minutes maybe? I wasn't really paying attention haha), then dice them or mash them, and add them to the flour. The batter will be a little sticky, so wet your hands before forming the gnocchi.
I did spheric gnocchi. Yes, it is an odd shape for gnocchi. Yes, they look like tiny little meatballs. But yes, they are pretty so why not do it??
Anyway, after you formed the balls, just cook them as for every pasta, in salted water. Mine took about 10 minutes to be ready.
Sprinkle them with pepper, nutmeg and parmesan and voilĂ !

No comments:

Post a Comment