Thursday, July 15, 2010

Eggplant Gnocchi

Hello! I made gnocchi again! :D

I really liked my first attempt with carrots, so I decided to try with eggplant this time...
I think I have to modify the flour/eggplant ratio. My gnocchi were waaay too sticky and two of them even got somehow "destroyed" while boiling them, but the taste of these, paired with a simple tomato sauce, was SO good that I am definitely going to make them again so no problem!



Ingredients:
80g whole wheat flour
150g (I think I'll try with 100 next time) eggplant
salt, pepper, thyme, parsley
2 tbsp tomato sauce
5 or 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
Calories: about 380

First, cook the eggplant, however you want (I just put it in a pan with some water and herbs), until it's soft. Remove the peel and mash the green (now brown actually :D) part. Add the flour and form the gnocchi (mine were no-shaped things as usual... I'm soo bad).
Prepare the dressing putting tomato sauce, tomatoes and herbs together and cooking for five minutes or so, meanwhile boil the gnocchi in salted water. That's going to take very little time, mine were ready in 3 minutes or so!
All you have to do next is put gnocchi and sauce together, stir, put in a plate and eat!
You're going to thank me later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment